If you still don’t see anything, the wireless adapter may not be properly connected inside of the computer (if it’s a desktop computer). If you’re still having issues, call support–your refurbished computer should be protected by a warranty. You likely got rid of the software and the driver. You’ll need to search online for the exact wireless adapter and download the drivers and software from the manufacturer . This should launch the setup program that will install your wireless drivers.
Which driver is for WiFi?
If the WiFi card driver has been installed, open Device Manager, right-click on the WiFi card device, select Properties -> Driver tab and the driver provider will be listed out. Check Hardware ID. Go to Device Manager, then expand Network adapters.
However, we will not be discussing this version but presenting a rather viable solution using the smaller version of DriverPack only for network card drivers. Start by downloading the DriverPack Solution on the PC with an active internet connection. Repeat this process with the video card drivers and the network adapter drivers, rebooting as needed. Almost all manufacturers will have support pages where you can download files for your drivers as needed. If the driver on your computer is older than the driver on the manufacturer’s website, download the newer versions.
To avoid errors with your drivers, it is a good practice to uninstall the old driver before installing a new one. I believe the drivers for the wireless adapter are installed, but I need the iwconfig utility/command to configure it. But in order to scanner drivers get iwconfig, I need an internet connection. Click the "Action" menu and select "Scan for hardware changes." Hopefully a wireless device will show up at that point. If not, try rebooting and choosing that option again.
How do I manually install a driver?
Driver Scape 1. Go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
2. Find the device that your are trying to install a driver.
3. Right click the device and select properties.
4. Select Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button.
5. Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
If the wireless driver is the culprit, reinstalling it will get you back online in minutes. First, download the latest version of the driver using a wired Internet connection.
- Camilla, a certified MCP , has almost four years technical writing experience.
- It’s still good to have options, especially if your desktop PC happens to be located in an area that is difficult to access with a cable, and adding wifi to a system that doesn’t have it is easy.
- She enjoys providing solutions to computer problems and loves exploring new technologies.
- Not all desktop PCs come with built-in wifi, which makes total sense—why wouldn’t you just use an Ethernet connection for a system that’s going to mostly sit under your desk?
Windows Drivers (Windows 2012 And 2012 R
Download the drivers for your version of Windows. An out-of-date or corrupted wireless driver could prevent you from connecting your PC to the Internet.
Install A Driver Using A Inf File
It can be used to install the required driver instantly, as it already contains repositories for most drivers. We would like to highlight that there is also a full version of the application with a massive size of 23GB.
You can now switch between the available network adapters on the right, and then click the one you want to install the driver for. 3DP Net is yet another offline driver installer that has often proven to be very helpful when users aren’t able to find the right network adapter driver.