There are two main cordless systems available to Residents residing on campus at OSU Stillwater (in areas where Wi-Fi can be acquired):
Safe option that is wireless
EDUROAM is guaranteed with WPA2-enterprise encryption. This encryption keeps your data MUCH safer when utilizing a computer device on Wi-Fi than a network that is open.
In order to connect to EDUROAM:
- Merely choose it in your Wi-Fi setup screen and make use of your@okstate that is full.edu current email address and OKEY password when it asks.
- Accept/Trust the protection certification you to do so if it asks.
- This is all you need to do for most devices.
- You may be asked by some devices to decide on other available choices as part of the connection procedure.
- When your unit requests an EAP method, enter PEAP. Set period 2 Authentication to MSCHAPv2 (this program might be concealed within an «advanced» area).
- When there is a area for CA Certificates, select «Use System Certificates» then set the Domain to «ad.okstate.edu».
- In the event your unit does not have a «Use System Certificates» option, you can select «Do not Validate» instead (but remember that this might leave you susceptible to a man at the center attack, therefore make sure you are linking in a spot in which you expect you’ll discover the EDUROAM service).